Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I live

Really, I swear I haven't died.

I'm a writer, and I've lost a lot of my writing over the years to malfunctioning floppy disks/flash drives, computer crashes, etc. I've found that accidentally deleting your blog is a lot like accidentally deleting a story, except slightly more pathetic.

See, in both instances the writer faces what I lovingly refer to as SOS - the Start Over Syndrome. Probably the largest piece of writing I've ever accidentally deleted was a 12,000 word story that was the beginning of a Nanowrimo of mine, and it crushed - my - soul. I swear. At the time I was writing on a really crappy, ancient laptop - as in, laptop from the Mesozoic Era, so it didn't have a USB (I'm not kidding. Seriously.) So I had to use a floppy disk. The floppy disk decided it hated me and erased my story 12,000 words in.

Suffering from SOS, I was unable to start writing that story again. Despite the fact that it was a really fun project and one of my best pieces of work, I couldn't bring myself to rewrite - and I still haven't.

It's the same way with the blog.

The only difference is that I don't deserve any sympathy in this situation, for two reasons:
  1. I accidentally deleted my blog. I mean, seriously, I am an idiot. Point at me and laugh.
  2. It's a BLOG, for heaven's sake! It's not 'starting over'. You just keep doing what you were already doing. POSTING.

Despite the fact that I am well aware of both of these things, I haven't been able to start posting again. So you haven't heard about various things that have been going on in my life lately. The most important of these is that I recently started my Junior year of high school.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!

That about sums it up. Excellent. You are now caught up with events in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's all :)

wait, no it isn't.
I completely agree with your opinion on junior year.

Okay, now it is.