Friday, November 7, 2008

The internal battle

Reasons why I should forget the Nanowrimo and go to bed now:
  1. I have over twice as many words as I need for today.
  2. Despite the fact that it was only a three-day week at school, a lot of stuff happened and I am exhausted.
  3. I wrote a couple hundred words today, so technically I haven't lost momentum.
  4. I have the whole weekend ahead of me for writing, and no school on the Tuesday following.
  5. I just watched Crusoe and it was like, an emotional roller coaster (no spoilers, though). I am in no condition to write.
  6. I just got out of the shower, but I think I'm having some kind of weird allergic reaction to our new soap because my hands are red and my clothes feel like they're made of sandpaper.
  7. I'm at a boring part in the story.

Reasons why I should suck it up and write some more:

  1. I've been flirting with the halfway mark, 25,000 words, for three days now. If I write four hundred more words I'll be there.

Why is it that there's so many good, logical reasons on List Number One, and yet I'm hung up on List Number Two's stupid single point?

Curse you, writing guilt.

No comments: