Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New idea: fav sentences

I was writing my Nano (like two seconds after I finished my last post here, incidentally) when it occurred to me that I had written what was, out of context, THE BEST SENTENCE EVER.

It occurred to me, also, that this happens rather a lot. So I think that for every post I do during the month of November (at least, as long as I remember) I'm going to attach one of my favorite out-of-context sentences from my nano. Just so you can see how it is getting progressively more and more ridiculous.

Now, keep in mind for comparison's sake that the definite Number One out-of-context sentence from my summer nanowrimo this year was:

"He was holding a flamethrower, and looked annoyed."

Today's sentence is:

"There were no screams of pain, or any of the various other sounds that Rob imagined an Italian mobster might make when shot in the dark by a nail gun."

No comments: